Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Apple of my 'i'


20th Dec 2010
9:28 AM – my son was born
11:00 PM - And all I did was stare and stare at his tiny form...afraid to lift or hold him for the fear that he might cry
21st Dec 2010  
11:35 AM– I hold him in my arms and watch him stare at me and I wonder what is going through that tiny little head
7:47 PM – my care taking duties begin and my first experience was not so bad after all :)
22nd Dec 2010
8:12 AM– his shrill voice echoes in the room and I understand what it means to be clueless all over again (don’t compare this with what women put you through, that’s cryptic but this is utter helplessness)
10:25 AM – I watch him sleep and wonder what he is wishing for?
8:20 PM – he just can’t keep still. He needs to see where he is and who he is with.
11:52 PM – all I can say is that words cannot do justice to the experience of inexplicable joy

1 comment:

JustSo said...

totally understand this. !